Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Update 1: here's to the first of many.


...and then this was dessert!


Friday night's dinner










It's always a challenge to keep track on the weekends. I didn't keep track on Saturday, which was a caloric bust, but I alright today and Friday was very good. I totally "vegged out". We ate a lot but it was fruits and vegetables. It was so good! We devoured the vegetables, and I got the smaller tray since it had the smaller amount of dip. Carson is way too in love with ranch, so we stopped buying it ages ago. If we had gotten the tray with the larger container, we would have eaten all the dip, so this was definitely the better option. I want to get into making my own hummus and dips that are lower calories and will be good with vegetables...especially when we end up going to raw foods in a few months.

Also on Friday I did ChaLean extreme, and then 10 mins walking. I was supposed to do 30, but I decided instead to work on my kitchen, which I got a lot done and burned even more calories. I'm really kicking ass on getting my kitchen in order.

On August 1st, we'll making a change to our eating plan. We are going to go vegetarian, for at least a few months. Carson has been considering it for a permanent life change, but we'll see how that goes after the wedding. So we'll be vegetarian in August and September, and then we'll go Vegan in October and Raw foods in November. Course, thanksgiving will be a challenge. I was afraid to do this at first, but now I'm excited. It feels like a fresh start. We both have had troubles learning to be healthy Omnivores, so starting over with being an Herbivor for awhile at least will help up prepare our bodies and minds for whatever way we go with our food journey in December.

For the next week I will be creating a plan for the grocery list, especially our evening meals and how we will prepare the foods to make it easier to put together the meals. The change will be hardest on Miles, so I'm not sure how to address that. I may just keep meat around for him so  he can get the fats and proteins that he needs. I'll have to do more research into it as far as kids go.

All and all I am happy with the last week and weekend. I didn't get all the workouts done that I had scheduled, but I got over 300 exercise minutes, burned over 2000 calories and was under on my calories nearly everyday of this week. I have to take it one day at a time and one week at a time.

Here are the results for Friday and today, as I said, I didn't track on Saturday.

Day5

Day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment