Monday, July 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Ah...so nice to be home.

We spent the last few days camping at Beverly Beach near Newport. I never got down to the beach, but it was still amazing and beautiful out there. It actually was our first official family vacation actually. My sister, Brie, has been teaching in China the past year and will be going back after her visit this month to teach for a second year. So her and my stepdad, David, left to go camping with my son, Miles and my mom, Carson and I joined then a couple days later.

Despite having to fight off at times massive amounts of irritability internally, I had a good time, although my body is still recoveing from the change, and I am so tired from not sleeping all that well, but it was worth it to see Miles do this:


My little bear was so excited to see the sharks.  He also got to touch a sea anemone.


"Oooo......what is that, it's wierd!"
 He really had wanted to see the octopus, but it was hiding the whole time, and they are expert s at staying hidden if they want to be.

I could go on and on, and perhaps I'll add another post with more of my pictures and such, but for now, I need to get back into focusing on the tasks at hand and what is next to come. And as great as it was to get away for a vacation, I really missed my dog.

I was originally going to take her with me, but because of our planned excursion on the boat and to go to the aquarium, I would have had no where to keep her except in the car the entire day, and that would have not been right, especially since it did end up being a really nice day. So it was really nice to once again have her cuddled up next to me as I was going to sleep last night. It seemed like she really missed me too.

I was disturbed however to discover that one of my water dragons, Shadow, had lost a large portion of his/her tail (we as of yet do not know the gender). I don't know how this happened, and my friend who was feeding and misting them for me while we were away said that they were fine when he had checked on them the night before. So who knows. I know it can happen, he could have gotten stuck somewhere. And chances are that it will not grow back, per my research. There may be a tiny chance since they are still juveniles, not even a year old. I still feel bad because if I had been there to check on them regularly like I normally do, then if Shadow had gotten stuck, I would have been able to help him without the loss of his tail perhaps. I guess all that matters is that I make sure that he/she remains healthy. They are so beautiful despite this.

No comments:

Post a Comment