Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It was all about the food....

Today, I had my usual oatmeal breakfast, and for lunch the other half of the sandwich I got yesterday from Safeway. I didn't do well on my fruit and veggie intake as I would have liked, but I am really proud of myself today for several choices that I made, since they were different than what I would have done normally.

First, it was payday, so I took Carson out to Jack in the Box for dinner. I planned out to get the pita, which is one of the best choices on the menu. I had it all planned out ahead of time, and I stuck with it. normally, I would have gotten a burger or something that was a lot higher in calories. The only mistake was that I forgot to order it without the grilled onions. They're cooked in butter, and there's no control over how much would be used. I used to work there so it does make it easier to understand these minor details.

I also gave a ride to my son's aunt Missy. She had a class to go to and it was right across the street from dutch bros. ....And anyone will tell you, I LOVE Dutch Bros. sooooo very much. My mouth was watering over the idea of a blended black and white mocha. It sounded so sweet, and cold and icy. The dark chocolate syrup they have.....ooooohhh so fabulous. I was thinking about it the entire drive, especially with the warm weather. I also got my exercise clothes on before I left to pick Missy up so that I could do my workout as soon as I got back home.

Normally I would have gone to dutch bros gotten the drink and come home and may or may not have worked out. Instead I had a 1/2 cup of raspberry sorbet with 2 Tbs of sugar free chocolate syrup. It was so good, and a decision I was really proud of. This time feels different. I even started purging my cookbooks. I'm really trying to focus on food, and also trying to learn to not be afraid to do the heavy lifting for my workouts. I've also been working on the connection between the two. It was a good day. It wasn't an easy one, but there was nothing horribly hard. Here's to it being easier as I have more and more days behind me.

Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment