Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vegetarian's dilema......(newbie edition)

The biggest issue with cutting out meant and beginning to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle is protein. I knew this was the case before Carson and I began this. I've gotten more and more diligent with tracking my food all the time,  but found that my protein consumption may have been on the low side. Carson said that he felt that he was experiencing not getting enough protein. We have dairy products and eggs, but even with those options it's still difficult some days.

I had the idea the other night after my workout that after I got paid, we'd get some protein powder to help us get our protein as a supplement while we adjust to cutting out meat. I felt sort of weird going to the store and buying it. We bought two containers of whey protein with have 30 servings each. Each serving has 26g of protein, which is my minimum is around 60 or 78g then that will be a good supplement. It's supposed to be a supplement. So the goal is to have no more than one scoop/serving a day and to be able to adjust to getting our protein in without it being more than back up every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment