Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sick again.....

This has been brutal. I hate being sick. I've been so anxious about having had to miss work yesterday and today for being sick. I haven't tracked my food the last couple days, but my appetite hasn't been the best. I wonder if my son may have had it, but couldn't really communicate. He didn't have a fever and was sort of out of it for a couple days and didn't have much of an appetite it seemed, but it's hard to say.

Anyway, Miles was with his dad yesterday as usual, and my mom went and picked him up after she got off work and brought him home. He came upstairs where I was resting and said, "Mommy, you sick?" and I told him "Yes baby, mommy's sick". So he said, very insistingly "You need water!"

He went back down stairs and came back with my reusable cold cup that Carson had put fresh water in for me. And then told me to drink it up so I'd be all better. We then cuddled upstairs and watched a movie together. Anytime it came up that I was sick, he'd insist that I needed to drink more water. I love the way little kids think. And it was really sweet how my little boy wanted to make sure his mommy would be well soon.

I am feeling better today, although I still wasn't up to going to work today. I hate feeling useless. I hate setbacks. I was supposed to also do my first actual TurboFire workout but couldn't because of being sick. It was terrible, being feverish, without the high temperature. I had the dizziness, the body aches, and then there was the swollen glands, which made my neck tender and swallowing difficult. I still have the weakness, and sore throat, swollen glands being tender, and I am still not able to be up and about for all that long. I was able to take my son to school. I really appreciate my mommy, she's going to pick the smiley bear up from school and bring him home for me. It's hard for me to ask for help to be honest, and I feel bad when I have to, like I have no right to. So, it is nice when I end up having to, to be reminded that people love me and are there for me.

I think it's getting to be nap time again, so I should probably go rest. I am looking forward to being back on track with my exercise tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment